Union of Thoughts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Union of Thoughts

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Anybody home?
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:11 pm by d_e

» Medley Music...
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:13 pm by d_e

» What's on your mind? (Twitter Shtyle)
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 3:37 pm by AngelDreams

» How I Met Your Mother
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 1:55 am by AngelDreams

» Happy Birthday Ritesh
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:36 pm by AngelDreams

» Question Question
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:38 am by dhaval

» Filmy Gully...
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:57 am by Rajvi

» At my new place...
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:00 pm by pooja

» Daily dose of fun
Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:32 pm by AngelDreams

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Filmy Gully...

Go down 
+2
Rajvi
d_e
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
d_e

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Seen any recent movie? or Recently seen any movie? Very Happy

Share your views and reviews here... Wink

Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Silsiilay   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:09 pm

Silsiilay [2005]

Watched online on You Tube on July 7, 2009

Quality of print: Picture: Average (on full screen), Audio: Good

Star cast: Bhumika chawla, Rahul bose, K K Menon, Tabu, Celina Jetli, Riya Sen, Asmit Patel, Jimmy Shergil

Director: Khalid Mohammad

Review:

A story of "LOVE". SRK dictates the story of 3 women (Bhumika, Riya & Tabu) and their love, failure in love and finally a happy ending. The movie is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO WATCH. A few songs are good (read good = tolerable). Rest is BIG disappointment

UOT stars: 0.5/5

Reviewer: Rajvi
Back to top Go down
https://unionofthoughts.forumotion.com
d_e

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Silsillay...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:36 pm

hehehe...

how can somebody watch a WHOLE movie on youTube??? Laughing Laughing

and niche reviewer: rajvi em lakhvani jaroor nathi! Razz
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:41 pm

It's simple.. first let 2-3 parts buffer... then start watching... while you watch 1 part the next to next will buffer and thus you'll be able to watch the whole movie without interruption...
Back to top Go down
d_e

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:45 pm

bhai i didnt mean literally how!!! Laughing Laughing i meant... duh... never mind!
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Ok... I won't mind ... Very Happy

I know it's lame... watching movie on You Tube... but then I've this sudden urge to watch some hindi and strictly hindi movie at 2.30 in night... can't wait for it to be downloaded, sometimes can't even find some movies on torrent... But you tube is always there, to save me... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dhaval

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:31 am

if u wanted to see hindi movie... thn why Silsilay???of all????

Exclamation Exclamation

How cud u??? saara movies no dukaal padyo 6e? Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.dhavalshah.synthasite.com
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:59 am

RAHUL BOSE... u don't know what effect his name has on me... do you???????????????
Back to top Go down
dhaval

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:02 am

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AngelDreams

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Movie Name - Kambakht Ishq
Starring - Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Aftab Shivdasani, Amrita Arora

UGGGGGHHHHHH!!! I haf never in my life come across such a hopeless movie! The jokes were bland yet cheap (wana-be America Pie jokes) which failed to make me laugh, the acting was mediocre. Storyline being pretty predictable was something that ran parallely with the movie trying to hold the rein. Akshay was good, Kareena ok, and I am not even going to begin describing Aftab and Amrita's acting (non-existent as they were).
The movie manages to fall flat, with nothing whatsoever to save it. The songa re pretty forgettable just like Kareena's innumerable costumes. Save yourself the money and watch it at home. On second thoughts, don't even waste bandwidth downloading it !!

Reviewer - Medha Jani (Unfortunately!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Movie Name: Last Train to Mahakali [1999]
Star Cast: K.K.Menon, Nivedita Bhattacharya
Director: Anurag Kashyap (Debut movie in direction)
Genre: Thriller, Suspense
Duration: 45 minutes
Quality of Print: Picture: good, Audio: good

Plot: A journalism intern (Nivedita Bhattacharya) asks a criminal & prisoner (K.K.Menon) to do an intervew. She is especially interested in doing his interview after finding out that he was a scholar (dropout) student of Medicine at AIIMS, delhi. He permits. The interview starts with Menon's life at Delhi, Medical School. He wanted to bring difference to the world. Do some ground breaking research and find out a cure which can kill any virus.

He wanted test objects but university didn't approve of it and he left the school. He came to Mumbai, rented a flat and started experiementing on rats, rabbits. He finally came up with the cure and all he needed was a human object. He started his hunt for human test objects in Last local train to mahakali. (Mahakali is the area where he lives). He looked for a person who had no relatives and no shelter.

He finally got one. He was a frustrated fellow who just had lost his job. Mennon offered him to go with him to his place, told him about his cure to virus and offered him partnership in the formula. That fellow agreed for test but when injected with the formula, he died. Nivedita asks Menon how did he die? So menon explains that the formula was right but he forgot to check its PH value etc and the man was drunk so it became fatal.

Then he checked the properties etc and corrected the solution. And continued his search for objects. This time he met a drunk, slumdog and convinced him for the test. He died too. Menon explains to Nivedita that he was a drug addict and lied to him. Police had started looking for Menon after 2 people missing from the city were last seen with him.

So Menon went underground for 2-3 months, changed his appearence and again started his search. This time he brought home a crazy girl. Injected her with the solution. She didn't die. But she was feeling thirsty and wanted to drink cold water which Menon didn't have. So, he went out to buy a coca-cola and was cought by Night Petrolling Police. Suspicious Police run a check on Menon and his home and found out about his experiements. Menon could prove that his cure worked with that girl still alive but unfortunately the girl was not at his place when he arrived with police.

Menon gives a speech to Nivediata on what happens to researchers in this country etc. Moved by this Nivedita manages to get Menon's solution from Police Custody and offers him to inject her with the solution and prove that his cure works. What follows her this move is [SPOILER REMOVED].

Review: Movie was technically poor, but considering the fact that it was a low budget film I would rather not criticize it on that line. Plot was good and the suspense too. Not so innovative or something but strong and good. What makes me appreciate the movie is the fact that it was a stepping stone to success for both Anurag Kashyap and K.K.Menon as well as Menon's wife Nivedita. (though she didn't become as popoular as Menon, she's made her place in theatre)

UOT stars: 3/5

Back to top Go down
d_e

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:25 pm

nice review...

LOL @ "UOT Stars"!

and what is the use/need of writing "Quality of Print" and "Reviewer's name"??? Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:40 pm

Reviewer's name: Coz I feel significant by that signature line in the end
Quality of Print : coz u might wanna assume that I'm being hard on the movie bcoz of a not very nice print...
Back to top Go down
sarthshah

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:30 am

@ Ritesh
Helo,boss!!!Even I watch movies on YouTube..In the same manner,rajvi described you!!!
Saw Boom and Namesake on Youtube only!!!
Back to top Go down
sarthshah

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:31 am

@ Rajvi
I have heard abot that Anurag kashayap's directorial debut movie!!I want that movie!!!
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Movie: Via Darjeeling (2008)
Star Cast: K.K.Menon, Sonali Kulkarni, Parveen Dabas,
Vinay Pathak, Simone Singh, Rajat Kapoor,
Prashant Narayanan
Director : Arindam Nandy
Duration : 104 min
Watched on Youtube : Average Print

Plot : A honeymoon couple Ankur and Rimli (Menon and Sonali) was about to return home from Darjeeling, but on the last day the husband (Menon) went missing. Local Inspector Robin (Vinay Pathak) carried out basic investigations and got to know from Rimli that throgh out their honeymoon she was followed by a man (Parveen Dabas). Story then moves to a couple Preeti and Ronodeep's drawing room where we see Robin narrating the story of "Ankur got missing" to Preeti, Ronodeep and two other friends - Mallika and Kaushik (Sandhya Mridul and Prashant Narayanan). To kill time on a rainy night each of them narrates his/her own version of "How Ankur got missing" story one by one. The movie is pushed to the climax as the stories unfold.

Review : Something 100% experiemental and unconventional. What we see is 5 different versions of the same story and an open climax. I've always found open climaxes abrupt and irritating but not this time. Sonali Kulkarni and K.K.Menon are superb playing 5 roles of the same character. Vinay Pathak is good too. Rest of them are ok. Songs are good and the background score too. Could have been a better movie if wrapped up in an hour. Still worth watching on a rainy night.

UOT stars: 2.5/5

Last edited by Rajvi on Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
d_e

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Morning Walk   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Morning Walk

chheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

i dont wana talk about it! Sad
Back to top Go down
d_e

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:08 pm

@rajvi...

wud love to watch this movie... sounds really interesting...

but even i fine open climaxes irritating sometimes...
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Unfortunately mara ghar pase ni dvd vala ni shop bandh thai gai chhe je aava badha movies original lai apto to mane... and youtube par jovanu tane nai fave... I'll try to find torrent if I can.
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 pm

and about morning walk - sarkho review lakh....
Back to top Go down
dhaval

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Want to watch a movie..!!!Cant spare enough time!!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Rajvi
Admin

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Movie: Amal (2007)
Star Cast: Rupinder Nagra, Naseeruddin Shah, Koel Puri, Sima Biswas, Rosan Seth
Director:Richie Mehta
Duration: 101 mins
Genre: Not commercial

Plot: The movie revolves around a poor man’s richness. His wealth is goodness, honesty and sense of responsibility.

Review: Amal is a critically acclaimed Canadian Hindi movie. After reading great reviews and knowing the fact that movie was showcased at Toronto film festival my expectations were very high, and I consider my expectations the sole reason for my disappointment. Excellent cinematography, subtle storyline, good background score, average performances (really bad dialogue delivery by lead character), excellent end.

UOT starts: 2.5/5

Back to top Go down
dhaval

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 am

Rajvi.. I am jealous of u!!!
Back to top Go down
Haardik

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Movie : Sankat City (Hindi-2009)

Cast : Anupam Kher, KK menon, Rimi sen.

Plotline : Sankat city is a movie based on an unexceptional story about the people live in aamchi mumbai who cons others. Every character deceives 'BAKRA' to get rich. But unfortunately, this profession put everyone in a situation where they are left with only two choices-life or money.

Review : We have seen lots of movies in Bollywood where story failed to bring the audience to the theater but the thing that worked was 'Astonishing performance of the Cast.' Anupam kher and Kay Kay menon did not even leave this one to hit with their versatile talent.First half of the movie makes you attentive to it and makes you to expect more from the second half.The attention grabbing part is every character tries to save their life but they all does not know that their handcuffs are interlinked. That's quite funny. You would love to watch. In the second half ,at one point you would realize why I am here ? But somehow, performance steals the show. And you would end up with quite satisfaction for spending 100Rs for the Sankat City. There are many moment where you dont need to force yourself to laugh,you will just enjoy it fully. And duration of only 110min helped the movie to make it worth,otherwise it would be mind-numbing.Anupam Kher,as a villain proved again himself after so long.In a nutshell, Watch it without expecting anything.

UOT Ratings : 3/5

cheers
Back to top Go down
AngelDreams

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 7:58 pm

wow brahmbhatt! ur english is vastly improving!
apart frm a few mistakes here n der, its pretty gud!!
i guess d sop-writing helps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Filmy Gully... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Filmy Gully...   Filmy Gully... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filmy Gully...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Union of Thoughts :: General Discussion-
Jump to: